Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CONTENT INSTRUCTION

Content Instruction

The lesson would begin with a powerpoint or smartboard if available. I will show the students two different pictures of livers and ask the students if they know the difference. I will then explain that one is a liver of a person and the other of a frog. I will explain that a liver looks the similar whether it is from a frog, cow, or even a human and that the function is all the same. I will explain that they will be doing a virtual frog dissection and how one of the organs that they will be seeing is a liver. Then I will ask them what other organs do they think they will see during the dissection?

The next step will be to show them the website that they will be visiting- FROGUTS.COM. I will show them how to get started using the website and what link they will be clicking on to start the DEMO version of the virtual dissection. I will then pass out the worksheet (FROG DISSECTION WORKSHEET), which they will be filling out during the dissection. As a class we will read over page 3, which gives background information on the frog. They will be filling out the last two pages of the worksheet. 

The goal is for the students to locate each organ directed by the virtual dissection, and then draw the organ with its label in the correct location on the worksheet.

NOTE: PAGE 4-5 will be completed on a later class date when we do our actual live in class dissection.  

1 comment:

  1. ewwwww livers! haha, gotta love science man! Awesome lesson!

    ReplyDelete