Tuesday, February 15, 2011

RUBRIC/Assessment of Student Performance

Rubric/Assessmet of Student Performance:
Day Two


Objective: We will review the material from the other class make sure that the students were able to get through both dissections smoothly and that every student was able to have a chance to operate the virtual dissection. I will make sure that the students are free of technical problems and will walk around to monitor student progress. Once the students are finished with the dissection, I will give them a few extra minutes to finish up on the labeling.


Assessment – I will monitor whether the students are able to navigate through the DEMO, through clicking on the navigating links. I will also collect the worksheets and make sure that the following was filled out correctly (THE POINTS WILL BE DISTRUBUTED AS FOLLOWS):
FROG DISSECTION WORKSHEET (pg. 6 and 7)


1. On your frog diagram, label the major external body parts (parts of the face- eyes, nares, tympanum, abdomen, thorax, limbs and digits). 7pts
- Mark with a circle the location the pins should go to secure the animal during a dissection. 6pts (6 pin locations)


-Using a symbol, suggest which tool would make incisions, and draw a dotted line along the lines of incision. 2pts (2 locations)


2. On your frog diagram, label the major internal organs identified in your online dissection, and briefly state the role of each organ. (HEART, LIVER, STOMACH, SMALL INTESTINE, LARGE INTESTINE, LUNGS, BLADDER, KIDNEYS) 8pts- label 8pts-loaction= 16pts total


TOTAL POINTS: 31 points

No comments:

Post a Comment